Long Beach Auto Insurance
Auto insurance in Long Beach is a great way to protect your assets, your health and your car. When you sign up for an auto insurance policy, you should be sure that you have a policy that meets your needs. At Neighbors Plus Insurance we are dedicated to finding the Long Beach auto insurance policy that is going to fit our customer's specific needs.
If you have questions about your current auto insurance policy or if you want to make changes or sign up for a new policy, come visit us. You can talk with a real person and benefit from face-to-face interaction.
We are located at 6414 Del Amo Blvd., Lakewood CA 90713 and we look forward to meeting you!
Your auto insurance policy will be a contract between yourself and the insurance company. As long as you are paying the agreed upon premium, your insurance company will provide you with the agreed upon coverage.
There are different types of auto insurance, and you should find the type of auto insurance that is going to best fit your needs. It is necessary to have liability insurance if you are going to register your car in California.
If you have put your car up as collateral for a loan, the financial institution that you are working with may require you to carry comprehensive and collision coverage. This way, they know that your car is going to retain value.
As you shop for the auto insurance that is right for you, you will want to be able to recognize and understand what these auto insurance terms mean...
- Bodily Injury Liability — this coverage will cover injuries that the insured driver causes to someone else. If you have substantial assets to protect a higher limit may be a wise decision.
- Property Damage Liability — this coverage ensures that the cost of repairing another's damaged property will be taken care of. This includes damage to another's vehicle, home, buildings, fences, trees, etc.
- Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury — this coverage will cover any medical expenses, lost wages or the cost of general damage that is a result of the policyholders, authorized drivers or even passengers being in an accident that was caused by a driver that does not have auto insurance or does not have enough coverage for the damage.
- Medical Expense — this coverage ensures that the treatment of injures to the insured driver and his/her passengers are covered, regardless of who is at fault. When treatment is required that is not covered under your health insurance, this coverage can cover the treatments required.
- Comprehensive, also known as Other Than Collision — this coverage will pay for the policyholder's car to be repaired when it is damaged without having been in a collision with another car. The covered damage could be a result of fire, theft, falling objects, missiles, flood, riot or even explosion.
- Collision — this coverage ensures that the policy holder's car is covered when it collides with another object or another car.
- Rental Car — this coverage will ensure that the cost of renting a car is taken care of during the time that the insured car is being repaired after a covered instance of damage occurs.
- Auto Loan/Lease Coverage, also known as Gap Coverage — this coverage will pay the difference between the actual cash value of the covered car and the outstanding balance of the loan or lease on the same car.
There are different discounts that are available with a variety of insurance companies. While you decide what insurance policy you want to go with, you should discuss the potential for discounts. Some common discounts you may want to discuss are...
- California good driver — a discount that is applied to your insurance when you drive for three years and do not receive more than one point on your record that comes as a result of a moving violation or property damage accident. If you have been convicted of a DUI or vehicular manslaughter in the past 10 years, you are not eligible for this discount.
- Good Student — if you are a single driver under the age of 24, a full-time student and you keep a "B" or better grade point average, you may be eligible for this discount.
- Anti-theft Devices — if you have equipped your car with a passive or an active anti-theft device, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Professional or Group Discounts — There are many different professional groups that are eligible. Talk about your career and discuss any discounts that may be available for you.
- Multi-policy — having more than one policy with the same insurance company may make you eligible for a discount.
- Mature Driver —If you are 55 or older, you can take a driver improvement course at your local DMV and you may qualify for a discount.
Whether you are looking for ways to save on your current auto insurance policy in Long Beach, you want to find ways to save on your auto insurance policy or you are signing up for auto insurance for the first time, we can help you.
Stop by our office today. We are conveniently located at 6414 Del Amo Blvd, Lakewood, CA 90713. You can also e-mail or call us today, and we will make sure that we are in touch as soon as possible.
Want to find out more about your Auto Insurance options?